Friday, February 11, 2011

silence and love

The Saturday before last we had our first kid free date in hmmm 3 months (as of Wednesday). It was amazing!! We went to a birthday party for dinner and by 8:30 Tensley had already had enough… As we were heading home Phillip looked at me and said that we should go out. We were already dressed up and my cousin was down so she could stay at the house once we put the kiddo down (I haven’t gotten up the courage to really leave her with anyone while she is awake yet) because she usually goes to bed at 9:30 and we don’t hear from her until 7:30-8:00 (jealous... OR WHAT). I quick texted my cousin to see if she would come over, and of course she agreed. However she was a little disappointed that we had already bathed her, fed her and she was down for the night by the time she got there. Phillip and I decided to go see a movie (No Strings Attached) I was a little worried that he might not stay awake but he assured me he could and would. Only to find out later that he took 4 B-12 pills before we left in hopes that he would actually be able to stay awake.... :-O <-- insert my shocked face here…… We talked, held hand, kissed and loved each other the whole time! It really reminded me of when we were in high school and the movie was the place to be…. That was where we had basically all of our dates. My boy stayed awake for the entire movie and we lifted the armrest and held each other the whole time (his idea) it was so sweet. It really made me realize that we need to get out just the two of us more often. Even though it was only 3 hours of us time it rejuvenated our relationship. I’m so lucky I get to love him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment